- Longest Chain in August: 13 days
- Total August days: 27 days
- Pieces out on submission: 2
- Total 2021 Writing days: 175
I will evangelize the use of data-driven decision-making because my gut tells me it’s the right thing to do.
—C.L. Mah, “The Middle Manager’s Oath”
I need to look at my progress from the macro level because otherwise my brain only sees the holes on the days I don’t write . It only sees how August’s numbers are lower than July’s. It knows that there were days in August where only the bare minimum was done, especially since I log what I do in each X calendar entry.
I need more data before I can draw too, too many conclusions about my writing process. But some things are clear…
- I’m writing more consistently over 2021 (and the last two months of 2020) than I ever have. Ever.
- By my back of the envelope calculations, I’m writing an average of 5 days a week so far.
- It helps that I can identify reasons for most of the gaps. I might not consider them all good reasons, but still.
I’m very curious to see what a year or two of this data will show. What sorts of patterns might reveal themselves. I feel I’m on the right track, though. At least, that’s what my gut tells me.