I got another “7 & 7” writing week! But every day only saw the bare minimum amount of work, achieved only by the skin of my teeth. I actually shocked myself a couple of those days that I was able to do anything.
It’s been that kind of week, so this one’s going to be short.
- This week’s writing chain: 7 days
- Total writing days this week: 7 days
- Pieces out on submission: 2
Still waiting to hear on one sub while the other sub is out to its 5th market. I just have to keep remembering that right now, I’m just building my “finishing and submitting” muscles. Finish stories, get them out, and keep them out there. Publication is just icing on the cake right now!
Two things grabbed my attention just by virtue of who the pieces are on and their headlines…
- “Matthew Salesses: If We’re Going to Tell Stories About the World, We Need to Make Better Decisions”
- “‘Ask certain questions and decline to answer them.’ George Saunders on the job of a short story.”
Wow, I really slept on GRAVITY FALLS. But I’m all caught up now thanks to Hulu!
IN THE WILD
I haven’t seen it but mark my words–there’s a version of this shirt out there where the loaf of bread is something else. Either way, it’s an accurate representation of the week.