Five astronauts in search of an exit… out of The Twilight Zone.
Definitely another original series mash-up of every episode with: astronauts, a catastrophe, obvious throwback references, and more importantly, a meta examination on the nature of reality. It was simple and straightforward, but still compelling. But just because I don’t have a lot to say about it, “Six Degrees” is one of those really solid episodes that I’d expect to see if this new series lasts long enough to get its own holiday marathons. Other impressions I had…
- Featuring The Bradbury won’t necessarily get this episode a “4” rating, now…
- Oh, TINA is talky — is it going to go H.A.L.?
- I’m gonna be pissed if this whole thing is just someone’s delusion.
- Otherwise, this would be a great pilot for a sci-fi TV series.
- I swear, the astronaut who loses his shit is THE TWILIGHT ZONE’S answer to STAR TREK:TOS’s redshirts.
Okay, so while this episode does feature The Bradbury…
The Jack Elam Score for “Six Degrees of Freedom” (out of 5):
1: “And this lemon-sucker here…”
2: “Ain’t nobody been exonerated yet, that’s for sure!”
3: “Sharp boys, real sharp boys!”
4: “A regular Ray Bradbury!”
5: “CHECK ‘EM FOR WINGS!!!”