I was lucky to have gotten this much reading in, what with the holiday travel and all.
- Sarah Shun-Lien Bynum, “The Young Wife’s Tale”
- J.G. Ballard, “Deep End”
- Ryan Boudinot, “Drugs and Toys”
- Ryan Boudinot, “Contaminant”
- Kelly Link, “Lull”
- J.G. Ballard, “The Overloaded Man”
- Ryan Boudinot, the remainder of his collection The Littlest Hitler
- M. Rickert, “Don’t Ask”
- Stuart Dybek, “Farwell”
- S.L. Gilbow, “Who Brought Tulips to the Moon?”
- J.G. Ballard, “Billennium”
- Stuart Dybek, “Chopin in Winter”
I think I made some decent headway with things I’ve purchased over the Thanksgiving holiday, used and new. The stories from Gilbow and Rickert are from the December ’07 issue of F&SF–I’ve accepted the fact that I’ll buy just about anything with M. Rickert’s name on it, including whatever collection “Don’t Ask” might end up in. Sort of like I keep
downloading buying all those greatest hits compilations that the band Chicago keeps putting out.